Accounting and Book Keeping Services
Providing financial information to our clients in a timely and accurate manner is a commitment that we feel cannot be compromised. Meaningful, well-organized financial records ensure that your business operations will run more efficiently on a daily basis. Our firm provides a full range of accounting services, including the following:
- General ledger & financial statement preparation
- Book keeping (Monthly/Quarterly/Annually)
- Accounting system setup for new businesses
- Personal financial statements
Business Entity Selection
- Choosing the form of entity of your business (e.g., “S” corporation, sole proprietor, limited liability company) is a crucial decision that can have longstanding tax implications. We can assist you in evaluating the pros and cons of each entity type to help you determine the most advantageous form of business for your company.
Strategic Tax Planning
- Tax planning and preparation form a winning combination for our successful individual and business clients. Whether you are an individual or a business entity, our experienced staff can develop tax strategies that take advantage of new tax laws and legislation.
Compilations and Reviews
- We view our role in the financial reporting process as an opportunity to provide constructive solutions for maximizing your company’s profitability and efficiency. Compilations differ from reviews and audits as they are based upon client information provided and used primarily for internal use only as no assurance is expressed. Reviews provide limited assurance to outside interests and involve inquiries and analytical procedures that confirm financial statement matters and identify any items requiring further analysis. We perform reviews to ensure the integrity of your data.
- As a business grows, it must hire more employees, which can result in increased payroll administration. We can assist you in implementing the controls necessary to ensure a reliable, efficient, and effective payroll system. Our firm can also help you develop a payroll system and prepare all necessary payroll tax returns in a timely manner. Our payroll process includes pre-tax deductions, state payroll filings, and related payroll issues.
Sales Tax Services
- Many of our clients are responsible for collecting and submitting sales taxes in many different jurisdictions. We can assist your company in compiling information and preparing sales tax returns in an efficient and timely manner.
Cash Flow and Budget Analysis
- Good cash management can improve a company’s liquidity, reduce costs, and increase profitability. Miles & Thirion can help you maintain optimal cash flow levels by tracking sources and uses, forecasting, and budgeting accordingly. Cash flow can make or break the business’s ability to survive. We can help you analyze your spending and rebalance your budget and/or debts for an optimal cash flow to support your business’s success. This plan would be monitored so that if and when there were any major changes in your business structure, you would be assured of operating at an optimal level. With our help and guidance, you will always be on top of your finances and ready for the future.
Tax Problem Resolution
- IRS collections
- Installment Agreements
- Levy/Lien Resolution
- Offers in Compromise
- IRS Audit
- Penalty Abatement
- Dept. of Revenue Unemployment Tax Audits
- Dept. of Revenue Sales Tax Audits
- State Income Tax Issues
Accounting Software Selection and Implementation
- With the number of computerized accounting software packages available for small businesses growing every day, selecting one that is right for you has become increasingly difficult. As accounting professionals, we are exposed to most programs through trade journals and actual use. Our experienced staff can help you choose and implement the system that best fits your needs. However, no accounting package can be operated properly without sufficient understanding of its features and functionality. It is a must for proper business management to complete the setup and installation properly. We work with our clients to train them and provide ongoing assistance with their accounting software.
- The vast majority of small businesses use QuickBooks as their accounting software. As accounting professionals, we know how to best set up your software in order to provide the most accurate financial records to help you with your business decision-making. We can train you and your staff to implement the software and provide ongoing support.
- In today’s business climate, it is more important than ever to protect your sensitive financial data. However, having the ability to access your QuickBooks files from anywhere allows your business to operate from multiple locations more efficiently. We offer the ITX data portal, a secure access point for your QuickBooks files, which will allow you or your staff access. This solution allows for real time help from Miles & Thirion when issues arise.
Inquiry - Accounting Services